Vlad Micu is a business development professional in the game industry with a strong reputation for creating long-term relationships and generating new sources of revenue that lead to significant returns for his clients. He is an experienced evangelist with a strong network who is equally able to take the lead as well as be part of a team and has an established track record of being able to easily adapt to new challenges, people and environments in order to deliver success.
He is currently functioning as the main business development representative for indie developer Data Realms LLC, creators of the award winning games Cortex Command and Planetoid Pioneers.
With his own company VGVisionary, Vlad likes to travel the world to speak at events, meet with game developers and offer advice, contacts and support to whoever needs them.
You can watch his previous talks and lectures at www.youtube.com/vgvisionary
Vlad Micu / The host of GSO 2016
- Mobstar Online (2009) - PC Browser - Producer
- Pulse (2010) - iOS - Original Design
- Mammals from Mars (2010) - PC - Producer
- FYI (2011) - PC - Producer
- StarDrone (2011) - PS3 - Special Thanks
- Snobli Run (2011) - Never released - Producer
- Little Phoenix (2012) - PC - Producer
- Fez (2013) - PC Steam version - Windows Version QA Team
- The Last Tinker: City of Colors (2014) - PC & Consoles - Special Thanks
- Metrico (In development) - PS Vita - Original Design
- Ice Smash (In development) - PC Browser - Producer
- Robo Racers (In development) - PC Browser - Producer
- Critical Strike Portable (2012) - Android/iOS/Ouya - Head of Studio
- Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians (2013) - PC/Mac - Special Thanks
- Critical Strike Portable (2012) - Facebook/Android/iOS - Head of Studio
- Company of Tanks (2014) - Android/Windows Phone - Head of Studio
- Critical-Ops (2015) - Facebook/Android/iOS - Head of Studio
- Planetoid Pioneers (2015) - PC/Mac/Linux - Design & Business development manager
Luke Savage is Senior Academic Development Manager at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). He manages PlayStation®First, SIE's Academic Development Program. That means he has a very cool job - he helps students make games on PlayStation!
9.45 : Luke Savage / Developing on PlayStation
Jyri Partanen is the Managing Director at remote control productions Finland. Remote control is major developer network and an independent production house focusing on development and production of games. The network of studios that co-operate with remote control consists a dozen studios with different fields of expertise like mobile, browser, serious games and gamification. Publishing is key phase of mobile game lifecycle. Join the session to hear more about current state of market, insight into publishing options and solutions that support your business the best.
10.30 : Jyri Partanen / Mobile game publishing trends
Joonas Turner is a sound designer and voice actor for a bunch of video games. His work can be heard on games such as Nuclear Throne, Badland 1 & 2, Broforce, Downwell, Environmental Station Alpha, Angry Birds: Transformers, Fara, Bleed 2, Gunkatana, Turbo Dismount and a bunch of others! These days Joonas also works as a game designer on his own commercial game, Tormentor X Punisher.
11.15 : Joonas Turner / Ask me anything with Joonas Turner.
Over the past 8 years, Martine Spaans developed a good understanding of gamers needs in various roles at Spil Games and Ubisoft, as well as supporting Finnish game companies, like Critical Force. She now has her own mobile publishing label Tamalaki.com in cooperation with FGL Mobile; her goal is to help indie developers to push their games to a diversity of app stores.
14.00 : Martine Spaans / Creating engaging stories for casual games.
Nick Galaxy started out at as a 3D artist/animator at Amuzo Games in 2007, where he worked on numerous award-winning Unity and Flash games for major brands such as LEGO, Radio 1, CBBC and Disney. Since going freelance in 2014, he has lectured at various educational institutes and worked on several more games (both licensed and original IP) and 3D training/simulation projects for military, government and corporate clients. Nick now runs Magpie Studios, acting as client-facing producer, managing the team and overseeing all art and development work.
14.45 : Nick Galaxy / Creating narrative and immersion through VR and serious games design
Writer, designer, and lifetime gamemaster in the digital and physical realms. Started out as a paper-game designer, then became a computer game designer at Interplay Entertainment in 1995, remained through the rise and fall of Black Isle Studios, contributing to most (if not all) its RPGs. Went on to be co-founder and Creative Director of Obsidian Entertainment. Over the years, He has worked with Beamdog, Interplay, Bethesda, Reflexive, Snowblind, LucasArts, Atari, SEGA, THQ, Subset Games, Wizards of the Coast, inXile, and more.
16.00 : Chris Avellone / Pipelines for Fun and Despair
RPGs he has worked on include:
- Fallout 2 (Level Designer)
- Planescape: Torment (Lead Designer)
- Icewind Dale 1 (Level Designer)
- IWD: Heart of Winter (Level Designer)
- IWD 2 (Level Designer)
- Dark Alliance 1 (Senior Designer)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 (canceled, Senior Designer)
- Fallout 3 (canceled, Co-Lead Designer)
- Champions of Norrath (Level Designer and Script Doctor)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Lead Designer)
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (Senior Designer)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (Senior Designer)
- Aliens: Crucible (Creative Lead Designer)
- Alpha Protocol (Lead Designer)
- Fallout: New Vegas (Senior Designer)
- Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Dead Money, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road (Project Director/Creative Lead Designer)
- South Park (Additional Narrative/Cut Scene Production Support)
- Wasteland 2 (Area, Narrative, and Systems Designer)
- Pillars of Eternity (Narrative Production/Design)
- Torment: Tides of Numenera (Narrative Designer)
- FTL: Advanced Edition (Narrative Designer)
- Legend of Grimrock: Movie (Story Treatment)
- Siege of Dragonspear (Narrative Consultant)